Current News Headlines: Raleigh Police Investigate As 10-Month-Old Dies At NC Daycare After Choking On Pine Cone
A 10-month-old baby choked to death on a pine cone and authorities say it happened on Wednesday at the A Hug A Day Daycare, which is run out of a home on Adcox Place. Though the baby’s death was ruled accidental, the police are still investigating the incident.
According to Helena Harris, she dropped her grandson, Areon Ellington, off at A Hug A Day Care. However, only a few hours later, she got a phone call.
“The day care lady called me and told me that I needed to get to the day care because Areon was choking on something,” Harris said.
Harris said she is heartbroken and left with many questions.
“He was my heart, my heart…he was our get up and go,” she said. “He was, through our struggles, what was bonding us together.”
“This baby had a piece of pine cone in his mouth and it blocked his air passage,” one of the baby’s family members told ABC11 on Facebook.
So far, no charges have been filed in the case.
Meanwhile, this is a developing story so check back for updates.
Click Amebo Book for more headlines today breaking news. Also remember to check or news media for more current news headlines.